Sunday, January 31, 2010

since when..

Hello internet! How are you?? I am well.

I haven't really touched my tablet all holiday, partly because my present job involves staring at a computer screen for the better part of the week; also because I doubt there'll be much time for real-media in the coming year.. I've been doing a lot of sketchbook drawing, some of which I might post next time. Also working slowly on a big acrylic painting.

For now, here's a birthday card and some dragons I had to get out of my system. Our scanner has been behaving badly, so they look a little off. Oh well.
I'd forgotten how much I love coloured pencils! And I got some watercolours for christmas, so I started messing around with those, too. It has been a busy holiday, but I am pleased that I've saved some money, and I can't wait to get back to uni...












..And because I really enjoyed making this too, here is my sand animation from 2nd year at QCA. With a bit of questionable stop-mo tacked on at the beginning, heh. I was really happy with this when I first made it - now, inevitably, I look at it and see all the bad bits - but it just makes me want to do more of this sort of thing. :D





fox-mo from alexis dean-jones on Vimeo.



Anyway, whoever happens to be reading this, I hope you're well, and enjoying life, and things!


Until next time!!!

1 comment:

  1. HUMPHHGH... I've just had an aneurysm I'm so happy. I've been waiting so long for this update Alexis!! Your illustrations rock the free world - I enjoyed them immensely! My favourite is that golden dragon taking a dip.

    As for that sand animation - Incroyable! I find it challenging enough trying to communicate weight and movement in Flash let alone in freaking sand.

    Meine gott in Himmel you have some talent girl!

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page